All cartoons are used with permission and are a copyright of Roger Penwill. Visit: www.cadcartoons.com & www.penwillcartoons.com

January 1, 2007

The Perfect Time Saver

Guest post written by Derick Burks

My satellite television from expertsatellite.com, like many these days, has a DVR service built into the overall packaging. When I first got my DVR I was still recording TV shows on a VCR that I had hooked up to the television. I did not know what a DVR was actually until one of my friends noticed that I still had recorded shows on videotapes.

Once she ran through the basics, I was glad beyond belief! I could not believe how long I had missed out on using this service! Instead of having to buy videotapes, I could simply record shows on the TV, watch them, and then delete them with only a click of a button!

Nowadays I have about 20 shows that I record to watch later. The top three priorities (those who record if another recording is on the same time spot) are the Big Bang Theory, South Park, and the Amazing Race. These three shows make up most of my recorded space on my DVR, and I only delete them after I have seen each episode in a season.

Overall I love my DVR service. It's easy to set up, convenient for when I cannot watch shows when they air, and last but not least, I can skip over commercials if they are boring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Movie Trailers - must see!!!