All cartoons are used with permission and are a copyright of Roger Penwill. Visit: www.cadcartoons.com & www.penwillcartoons.com

January 1, 2007

Knitting for a cause

Author: Jonathan Suarez

I first started knitting as a way to wind down at the end of the day. I didn't necessarily have any plans to sell the items that I had made and somehow most of my items just ended up in a basket in a guest bedroom. Once in a while I would give something to someone that stopped by, but for the most part, I was just knitting as a way to pass the time while watching tv or a movie. A friend stopped by one day and made the suggestion that I donate my items to a good cause. Of course I decided that was a great idea. I started looking into where I could donate these items and used my directv internet bundle to get a good idea of what organizations could really benefit from scarves, hats and blankets.

I settled on a local hospital that was collecting coats and scarves for underprivileged children. I called ahead and explained to the hospital that I wanted to donate these items, just to make sure they would take them. They were more than happy to take all of the items that I had. Since that first initial donation, I decided that I was going to try and do this every year. Not only does it go to a great cause, but it also motivates me to knit more throughout the year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Movie Trailers - must see!!!