All cartoons are used with permission and are a copyright of Roger Penwill. Visit: www.cadcartoons.com & www.penwillcartoons.com

September 13, 2011

Sacrifices


When I decided to become a stay at home mom and resign from my corporate job most people thought I was weird. They could not understand why I would give up my salary to be at home all day. The only reason was I gave them was that I wanted to be around my kids as much as possible. When our household income dwindled down, we had to make sacrifices. The first thing to go was the little treats we would pick up whenever we went to the convenience store. No more candy, chips or lattes. My youngest was still in diapers at the time so I switched to cloth diapers. They were quite different from the ones my grandmother used. I started combing through the Sunday paper for coupons and buy one get one free deals. I also eliminated the bi weekly salon visits and started doing my hair at home. The only place I did not cut back was on our security. I went to home-alarm-systems.com to see if we could change our plan, but decided not to. It is a lot of sacrifice but I would do it again if I had to.

Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Movie Trailers - must see!!!