All cartoons are used with permission and are a copyright of Roger Penwill. Visit: www.cadcartoons.com & www.penwillcartoons.com

September 27, 2008

3D Animation, Wire Frame & Stills


This is a 3D Animation of the interior of the Marni store in London. Nicely done by Silvan van Alphen and designed by Sybarite. I like how the animator uses different methods to present a single idea with seamless transitional effects. The focus of this presentation is obviously the modernistic stairs which leads to the second level....now that's what I call hardcore modeling! Lots of detail and curves. The camera path leading you up the stairs is incredibly smooth and consistent with relation to height, I know if I ever do an animation going up a stairwell it will not be a walk in the park. I suspect the still at the very end to be an actual photograph of the finished product. If not, then great rendering!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do a fair bit of 3D work myself, check out my new blog:

http://www.philiphowlett.com/blog2

I found your site through entrecard and like the articles you've got here. Maybe we could do a blogroll link exchange? My readers and yours will have similar interests. My contact details are on my blog.

JIF Hub said...

The realm of 3D is amazing.

Thanks so much for visiting and I'm glad you like the articles. I'll visit your blog and contact you soon.

Have a great day!

Post a Comment

Animated Movie Trailers - must see!!!